Please call 888-788-1551 to report an outage

This map indicates outages in the Allamakee-Clayton service area.

This map shows outages throughout the state of Iowa.

ACREC now offers members the option to receive power outage text notifications.

What to do when the power goes out

We work hard to keep your lights on but sometimes, especially during bad weather, outages do occur. Be prepared by knowing what to do if it happens to you.

1. Check your main service meter.

If you see a reading on the meter, power is flowing up to this point. You may need to reset your breakers or contact an electrician.

2.  Call the Cooperative. 

If you don't see a reading on the main service meter, call the Cooperative at
Do not assume others have reported the outage for you. Know your service number and report downed wires, broken poles and other damage. Your service number can be found on the top right corner of your billing statement.

NOTE: Outside normal working hours (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. M-F) phones are answered by the Cooperative Response Center. Although CRC can handle large volumes of calls, you may experience longer waiting times during widespread weather events.


Electrical hazards may be present, especially during outages caused by nature. Stay away from downed wires and report any hazards to the Cooperative.

How Dependable Electricity Reaches You

What Happens During a Power Outage?